Thursday, June 25, 2009
Did you say sun screen or sour cream?
Like every mom, I am always trying to get my kids to eat healthy food, veggies and the like. It is usually an uphill battle. So, today, when Esther asked if she could have some cucumber salad that I had set out on the table for lunch, I said, "Go ahead sweetie!" Normally, she would have to wait for the entire lunch to be served and for all of us, including myself, to sit down. But, I was so excited that she wanted to eat something healthy, I sort of gave her free reign with the food, which is somewhat unusual. Not a wise decision. A little bit later, I looked up from what I was doing at the counter to find her rubbing the sour cream based sauce all over her legs and arms. "Esti, what are you doing?" I asked. "I putting sunburn on my skin." Which I quickly translated in my mind to sunscreen. I just had to laugh and insist that in fact it was not sunscreen or sunburn for that matter, but that it was actually our lunch. Apparently, when she asked if she could have some, she did not mean to eat, but to wear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tell Esti she has beautiful skin and does not need to be rubbing mayonaise all over to give it youthful freshness
ReplyDelete